Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Naan Pizza with Curried Chicken and Asparagus

Thought I'd share a new delicious recipe I found in a magazine. I got the magazine 'House and Home' a 2009 issue from the library and the returned it after writing down the recipe. Then I took all my ingredients out of the fridge and freezer and went to get my recipe - it wasn't there!! And trust me you can NOT find this recipe by googling it. Anyways I found my recipe again and though the Internet should have it, since it doesn't already.



Naan Pizza with Curried Chicken and Asparagus


1 bunch asparagus (app. 15)

2 tbsp butter

1 onion, thinly sliced

2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 tbsp curry powder

3/4 cup tomato sauce (or diced tomatoes)

1/4 cup water

1/2 cup plain yogurt

salt

6 Naan

1 cup (or more depending on preference) monterey jack

(I used a bit of mozzarella and a bit of mixed monterey)

fresh cilantro

lime wedges


Place asparagus in a large salted pot of water, boil 1 minute, then plunge into ice water. Drain when cool, pat dry, cut into short lengths you think would be good to chomp on in bites.

Fry onion in butter, add chicken, cook till golden, add garlic and curry powder, cook 30 seconds or so longer. add tomato sauce and water, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stir in yogurt and salt.

Heat oven to 400F, place naans on baking sheet, top with chicken mixture, add asparagus, sprinkle with cheese, bake 6-9 minutes or until cheese melts.

Garnish with cilantro, serve with wedge of lime for delicious squeezing flavour.

Serves 4-6 people depending on how hungry your eaters are, David eats two himself and I only eat one.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment