Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Start of 'The Project'

So as I've posted before we bought furniture for Juni's room.
*note: Juni is short of Junior, which is Amaris's nickname. David calls me Diffy, because my little brother used to call me Merediffy, then David starting calling Amaris 'Diffy Junior'. It quickly turned into Junior, which turned into Juni. Now we never call her Amaris. Oh my.
The furniture is still in the process of being painted, it's on the 'Hunny Do' list. There is this whole lingo you pick up on when your married, I learnt the 'Hunny Do' thing this year. Anyways, my plan for her room is to do a cherry blossom and sparrow theme. I have this beautiful old book that I am using as the inspiration. I fell in love with it years ago before Amaris was even born, and when trying to think of a theme for her room it seemed perfect.
On the inset the date reads 7/7/01 as the year it was given to Joseph Mason. I love trying to imagine how it got all the way into my hands over 100 years later!
Oops, sideways. This is the back of the book.
It's such a gem! I'm hoping to paint coat hooks for the wall, letters to go above her bed, and a two part picture to go on her walls, hope it all turns out okay! I'm not exactly an amazing artist!
So far this is as far as I've gotten, little train letters for her dresser.

Before, and after.

1 comment:

  1. I love your book. It will look wonderful as a baby room. I am glad I now know of your blog and will
    be snooping through your life often. Give... Juni?...a kiss for me.

    luv Rosaleen

    ReplyDelete