Thursday, October 22, 2009

Raw-k 'n' Roll

So I've been going through what I would call a quarter life crisis, a combination of trying to lose baby weight, rethink my diet, and attempt to get my excersize has accumulated into, well, a big mess. A couple nights ago I was up almost all night, couldn't sleep. I finally ended up on the computer, and stumbled on this blog: http://www.rawmazing.com/
Well, me and my trusty notebad jumped from raw blog, to raw blog all night and I came out of that night on a mission! Albeit a very tired mission at the time.
I decided to attempt to slowly rawify my life! I highly doubt I will ever go fully raw, partly for David's sake, but I figure if I work my way up to 80% eventually that'd be pretty good! I really thought raw-foodists only munched on carrot sticks all day, but there is really a lot more too it! So far I am doing pretty well, I have decided not to focus on packages and labels (a lot of amazing foods are really high in fat, like nuts!) but to go as pure and basic and 'live' as possible! I really am not so much caught up with being raw as renewing my vigor to be HEALTHY!!! Which isn't easy when my never gain a pound husband is chowing down on halloween candy! He always tells me "I'm an adult I can eat what I want!" Well, it's his forte!
I decided to make these (non-raw) vegan low fat pumpkin cookies to use up my leftover pumpkin!
Ingredients:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup applesauce
3 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
Preparation:Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the pumpkin, sugar and applesauce.
In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, then add to the pumpkin, mixing well.
Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until done.

I ran out of applesauce so I boiled prunes for 3 minutes and then blended them in my magic bullet with a little bit of water instead! Then I realized I had a jar of applesauce in my pantry...
I've also stopped eating after 7pm at night. I am proud to say that I have been doing this for 4 days and lost 3lbs already! Here's to the next 13!
*note: I think you could make these raw really easily! Maybe I'll give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment