Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Past Two Weeks

The past two weeks have been eventful. My mother in law came out to visit, seeing family is always so great! It's so nice for Amaris to be able to spend some time with her grandparents! Especially when they are playdough-playing, song-singing, book-reading grandparents!

In Other News:

On November 12th we had an adrenaline moment, driving down the highway we were the second vehicle to arrive at a rolled over vehicle in between the highways. I guess he lost control somehow. We were driving along and we see the car on it's side, smoking, and a lady who had just pulled over (I guess she saw it happen) standing next to it looking at us screaming. That alone made my heart start pumping!! It was like in those action movies where there's the slow mo of the people freaking out (have you seen Transformers??) Anyways David pulled over right away and the ONE time I couldn't find my cellphone, I needed to call 911! So he threw me his phone and then ran down to the car. By this point about 5 other cars had stopped.

David tried pulling the windshield off (it was broken) to get the guy out, but he couldn't get it all off, so he climbed on top of the car. Inside the car was luckily only one guy. I would have been so upset if there had been babies or kids in it, how awful to think about! The guy was from Ontario though, and his car was CRAMMED full of huge suitcases! All of which had flung forward and landed on him when he crashed! So I see my husband, standing on top of this car which is on it's side, with the passenger door open, pulling about 6 huge suitcases and duffel's out of the car and onto the snow.
At this point about 10 cars have stopped and there are about 8 people standing around the car, a couple of women freaking out. Eventually David 'dug' him out of his luggage, and got him out, he was okay! Thank God!
I was off the phone by now and the police were on their way, an ambulance was dispatched too although I don't think he needed it. I was transferred from the 911 operator to the RCMP dispatch and put on call waiting. REALLY?? What if someone had been seriously injured? C'mon people!!
All's well that ends well though, and we went on our way!

May you have a safe, accident free week!!

xoxo Meredith
P.S This is an old post I wrote and never posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment