Thursday, November 25, 2010

Lemon Loaf, etc



This is a lemon loaf recipe I have fallen in LOVE with, all through my pregnancy I craved lemon loaf and it's not until the past few weeks I found a recipe that I can make and indulge in, so good!



The Recipe for the Best Lemon Loaf Ever:
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt



3 eggs, room temp.
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 c. oil (I always use applesauce as a substitute here, it is so moist and delish, and less fat!!)



Icing:
1 c. icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp lemon extract (if you want, I don't have any so I don't do this)

The loaf is so good you don't even really need the icing (although I still like to, I'm not going to lie).
Mix the dry ingredients, then the wet (but not the oil), then combine together, then add the oil (or applesauce) lastly, stir, pour into loaf pan, cook for 45 mins at 350, cool and enjoy!!

In Other News:
Two new websites that I'm loving lately, during those late evening, middle of the night (he's actually sleeping amazing the past few nights, falling asleep on his own and in his own bed) feedings I peruse them on my iphone.
Young House Love (I almost put, 'Young House Loaf', you can tell what's on my mind!!)
Lizzy Writes (this lady is amazing, I wish I had this much energy!)

Well I think that's about it, I'm off to start my roast chicken before the kidlet's wake up, having a 23 month old and a 1 month old means not many quiet moments and I want to capitalize one and do more than just blog!
xxoo Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment