Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Trees



  Trees. Oh trees. I have grown up smelling trees. In the forest, burning in my fireplace, stacked against the walls of my house, and in the form of piles of wood chips taller than me. My dad also smells like trees constantly. This is what happens when you're the daughter of an arborist!
  


 
 My brother in law is also into trees.  He's been heli-logging now for a few years. Or dangerous tree removal for heli-loggers. Something like that. Anyways, all the boys got together and got a few loads of firewood over to the church on the reserve. Gotta keep everyone warm!




 The Marks brothers take the finally 'chop' and down she goes! Abe's handy with the axe. Hiya!

 The kids love watching the action and I had to peel them away after an hour. I was sick of standing in the drizzle and Jamison likes to be held when the chainsaw is running. One day it'll be him out there bucking up some logs, it's in his blood ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment