Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cheesecake. Enough Said.

Believe it or not, I had my first piece of cheesecake less than a year ago. Now I wish I hadn't. You don't know what your missing until you've had it. My mom loves cheesecake, and I always poo pooed that until that evening at the Cheesecake Cafe, oh my lanta.
Grocery shopping yesterday at the Superstore I picked up a Kraft brochure with THIS in it:



Amaris must have thought it looked good too because I left the brochure too close to her in the cart and she tried to eat it right off the page. Anyways, here's the recipe. Guilt loves company.

Prep time: 20

Total time: 5 hours 30 mins

Makes: 12 servings

What You Need:

1-1/4 OREO baking crumbs

1/4 butter, melted

3 pkg. (250g) PHILADELPHIA Brick cream cheese, softened (I would use low fat)

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 tbsp. vanilla

3 eggs

1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping

1 bar (100g) TOBLERONE Swiss milk chocolate coarsely chopped (slap chop anyone?).

Make It!

Heat oven to 350F

Mix crumbs and butter, press onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan (the one that opens up with the hatch on the side I believe).

Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at at ime, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.

Bake 40-45 min. until centre is almost set. RUn knife around rim of pan to loosen cake, cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Spread carmel topping over hceesecake just before serving. Garnish with chopping chocolate (Bloateronies as my dad calls them).

You can always make recipes lower fat by using low fat ingrediants, like the cream cheese which you can get in 99% less fat versions! Also, applesauce is a great substitute for butter, but maybe not in this case??? hmmm I should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment