Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sick Sick Sick

My poor baby, sick again.

The past month and a half have been a real trial. Amaris got sick at the start of August, with a fever and a rash (who knows what else since she can't tell us what hurts). It was horrible, we took her to the Doctor who was also horrible, and got her blood tests done for measles. It came back negative so the most likely culprit - viral infection. She finally got better and then got her first tooth, so miserable! Then she took a dive off the bathroom counter onto the floor and had her first trip to emergancy. Then the second tooth.

And now, sick again.

We flew home from Victoria a week ago thursday night, and at 3 o'clock in the am she woke up with a fever of almost 103, I have never felt her little body so hot, it was horrible. Tylenol did nothing. I took her to the doctor that morning, and he said give her motrin. After two days of the high fever, she broke out in another rash!



Her fever finally broke after 4 days of crying and 3 nights of no sleeping for me. Her rash is just going away now, thank God. My mom and dad (who we were visiting) also got sick, as did my husband David. The virus is horrible and attacks all your muscles, David hasn't gone to work for two days and could barely get dressed this morning because he was so achey. I've been feeling okay, a little sick. I am so thankful I havn't been sick since I've had Amaris! I think God must give mom's a supernatural immunity! haha.

Well, here's to hoping and praying for a healthy next couple months!

No comments:

Post a Comment