Monday, July 26, 2010

Paisley Pillows & Wild Sunflowers

Well my last post was about my messy house. I ought to redeem myself. We had an open house on Sunday, as the landlords are trying to sell it still. The combination of the looming open house, and the fact that my house was messy, and the fact that I am starting to jump into 'nesting' gear, created a crazy women out of me. I wasn't just cleaning, I was decluttering, sorting, and, well, getting hot and mad. It was 33 degrees yesterday afternoon, and I ran around cleaning and sorting like crazy for 5 hours straight.
I sorted through a bunch of kitchen cupboards, threw away a whole bunch of stuff, organized and moved all my baking ingredients and removed junk off my counters. It always seems we have at least one basket or drawer full of things that have no home. It's so hard to sort through this, because simple put, these items have no where to go!! Very annoying.

After David got home from work (another working Sunday, sigh) we left to get out of the house before people arrived to see it. We got pillows. Paisley pillows. David hates them, but there were others he hated more, so it's basically a compromise.
Standing in the pillow aisle I had picked out two sets of different pillows. He said they were ugly. I said he didn't know what he was talking about. I said that between the two of us, who reads all the house decorating magazines? He said he didn't know. I asked him if he ever read any. He said no. Which leaves the obvious answer.


Then we drove around the outbacks of Lumsden and came across a gazillion wild sunflowers. I begged David to stop, and he indulged me, pulled out his handy knife (my resourceful husband!) and cut me a big bouquet. Aren't they beauties?

No comments:

Post a Comment