Thursday, September 9, 2010

Not A Slug




Today I need to remind myself that I am more than a slug.
An achy, irritable, uncomfortable, pregnant women with a toddler.
Today I sorted through our dresser, re-organized and re-folded all the clothes, showered, did my makeup (wonder of wonders) bathed Amaris, made pancakes for breakfast, walked with Amaris to the park (turtle pace, since I always let her walk there on her own two legs), froze at the park while we collected 'cold rocks' (Amaris' words not mine), slow walked home, got rained on, fed Amaris pineapple and cheese (what a weird combo), made a triple batch of banana bread (trying to freeze as much stuff as I can before baby gets here), and oh yes, did I mention I dealt with about 20 temper tantrums during all this?


All before 11:30. Now it's 11:56 and I've resorted to Barney parenting while I take a minute to relax. That still dosn't feel like the right word though.
The days have been long lately, I can't wait for the evenings and to breathe while David gets Amaris ready for bed, and then we relax together after we say goodnight to her.
I am so uncomfortable, I am having aweful ligament/muscle pain in my upper left leg, from stretching ligaments and lugging a 23 lb toddler around all day. It feels like I've run a marathon 24/7 and I can barely role over in bed. Which makes the 10 trips to the bathroom to pee at night painful AND annouying.
Okay I'm done whining. Thank God for an amazing husband who helps me always and quietly takes my frustration.
I can't imagine being a single mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment