Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bay Windows

One of the favorite things about my 100+ year old house is the bay windows. I LOVE light. They are big, gorgeous, and brighten up my whole living room. I left them un-curtained because they look out over our pool (which is nice to have in full view) and our totally private backyard. I could dance around in our living room like an idiot and no one could see me. And I do.
Anyways, our landlords were trying to sell the house, and I get a phone call saying they are coming to put curtains up in my beautiful windows. Oh yes. Oh no.
This is what happened.





Now, it wouldn't be so bad if all of our furniture wasn't black (David's firm decision about the couches, he is now receding to get lighter ones next time). BUT the brown, furry pillow (which says "Kennel Mat" on the tag) I had a hard time keeping out on display even for the open houses and house showings, which is what they wanted them there for. I didn't know 'putting up curtains' would also mean a display of not-so-my-taste pillows.

Anyways, the house sold (to people that looked at it BEFORE the curtains and pillows I'll have you know), so I took down the curtains finally. The new owners can put them back up if they want when they move in.

I'm went through some boxes downstairs of our stuff and found some curtains I like better.




I still need more too it, it's looking a little bare. But they're white and breezy. This is what I'd do if I owned the house:

3 comments:

  1. I just wish that you own this century-old house! Anyway, the new owner better give those dear windows and the whole house the same love and attention that you gave to them! No threats! :P Do you have lovely windows in your new place? I’m sure that this “white and breezy” window treatment would still be appealing in other windows. ;) -->Ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. They’re selling your century-old house? That's sad! I love bay windows the same way you do. They let the light come in every morning which is a pretty sight to see. Plus, you can sit by the window and just stare into nothingness. Have you found a new place yet? Well, we all wish that the new house owner would take good care of this house.

    Terry Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bay windows too, and I'm glad that we have 3 of it around the house. The best thing about it is that it allows natural light inside the house. Having huge windows means your house will never be dark. Also, it opens up any room, creating an illusion of space.

    -Lue Madson

    ReplyDelete