Monday, March 22, 2010

Do You Curl

I don`t mean bouncy, springy, curl. I mean, throwing round, heavy things down the ice and `sweeping` in front of them. Because if you don`t, you might as well get out of Saskatchewan!

Let me tell you what I am learning about living in a town, population 1600 people. Most of which who have been born within 10miles of here, and are still here.
1.) You pick up your mail at the post office. The town is too small for door to door delivery, or even mailboxes down the road.
2.) The town LIVES and BREATHES for two things: Hockey, and Curling.
3.) Every outing is an opportunity to chat, it dosn`t matter what you are doing.
4.) Nobody is in a rush. The speedlimit is 40km an hour, most residents go about 15 under.
5.) There is one gas station, where all the old men hang out to drink their coffee (yes, gas station coffee) and talk. For hours.
Well, I`m sure I`ll learn more, and as I do, I`ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment