Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tickles My Fancy

Well I was browsing through some random blogs and I came across this one: http://blogniako.blogspot.com/ with this adorable cupcake bouquet idea, isn't it so cute? Maybe I'll make it for Amaris's first birthday! When else would you have such a good excuse for such an elaborate dessert?


So David was gone all week, which was extremely not fun. It was just Amaris and I all morning, afternoon, evening, night, etc. I called my mom alot. Amaris can't talk yet so it gets pretty lonely. To keep myself busy I made two loaves of banana bread, a double batch of banana chocolate chip muffins, lemons squares, cake brownies, and chocolate chip cookies. I'm I crazy? Maybe. But at least my freezer is full now. I'm going to make revel bars today, and maybe even go to the zoo. We'll see. David did drive home for Saturday though, and then left again Sunday morning. What a great husband, that's a lot of driving for not very much face time. He drove home from Regina in the dark and apparently the roads were very, very bad. So bad in fact, he demanded that we go get extra life insurance yesterday! I guess it freaked him out a bit. And for David, who drives in horrible conditions quite easily and frequently, to be that serious about it, it must have been bad!
Check out this article: http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091127/CGY_crashes_rcmp_091126/20091128/?hub=CalgaryHome

People had to abandon their vehicles on the sides of the road, and whole roads were shut down! There were over 130 accidents on friday night, the night he was driving home! Thank you God for keeping him safe!
Well, I'm out!
xoxo Meredith

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll have fun making the cupcake bouquet, I did! I read the article. That was scary!I feel sad for the 21 yr old who got killed instantly.

    ReplyDelete