Sunday, January 3, 2010

Haaaappy New Years!

The multiple 'A's are as jovial as I can sound via type!
What a year 2009. Here are a few things that happened to make my '09 a big Oh My!
I became a mother! Amaris barely squeeked into 2009, with a January birthday.
It was my first whole year in a new province, away from home.
This also means we spent a lot of time traversing back and forth from Calgary to Victoria!
We moved into a different house, in June/09, so our second official home as the Marks Family.
We celebrated our 1 year anniversary in April. The first of many more to come.
In 2009 I really learnt to appreciate my own mother after becoming a mom! I can't even count how many times I called my mom crying, at my wits end! But we've made it through! Although I'm sure those phone calls will never end to some degree, there is always something you just need to talk to your mom about! I have also learnt how important my friends are! Especially with a new baby I was so blessed that my friend Katherine had a son three months before Amaris was born! I don't know what I would have done if she hadn't been there all year for me. Again, another person I called many times when Amaris wouldn't stop crying!

Our Christmas was wonderful, it always is. My mom always puts her whole heart into making the house feel like Christmas from top to bottom. Christmas isn't a day, it is the whole month of December! It is peace, and family, and joy, and the smell of a the tree filling your house, and the Charlie Brown Christmas music playing softly in the background while we make naniamo bars in the kitchen and decorate sugar cookies in the dining room. I think God gave Christmas to us as a gift, not just as the day we are supposed to remember His birth but as a chance to remember to reconnect positively with humanity! We read Amaris the Christmas story for the first time, this being her first Christmas. I don't think it quite sank in this year, maybe next year though!


My birthday is a week before Christmas, I got a dehydrator from my mom and dad, unfortunatly David bought me the same one for Christmas!!!


Can you believe how not little my little brother is??? We always have a nice breakfast Christmas morning!
Ah yes, music baby got a xylophone from Aunty Erin! Can we take a minute to reflect on what a weird word 'xylophone' is? My Dad put Amaris is a gift bag! Best gift ever.
Well a few little stories for you before I go to bed, we spent our new years with our good friends Bear and Jade, and after a nice dinner at The Keg downtown we went back to their house and played Cranium till midnight. I was sitting on the floor by the game when I realized my leggings were inside out. As in the 1/2inch hem was sticking out all the way down each leg. Of course I can't come to such a revalation silently, and we all had a good laugh. It was then that David revealed that he noticed the inside out leggings before we left for dinner, but forgot to tell me. Thanks hun.
Over and Out!








No comments:

Post a Comment