Saturday, January 16, 2010

Victoria Madness

My goodness! December was quite the month, but it always is! I finally downloaded some pictures from our trip to Victoria, and all the activities it entailed. Christmas was crazy but it was so good to see family, and to introduce Amaris to some family members she hadn't met yet. Our Christmas Eve was spent all day and evening up at the farm in Duncan, the tractor hay ride and Christmas carols were so fun, and the whole day was wonderful, and very kid oriented as all of David's cousins have about three kids each and it's a very close family. The whole family is so awesome and make me feel so comfortable as the 'newest member'.


The only picture of us that semi-turned out on the hayride.


We had about 20-25 people crammed on the tractor, most of us bumcheek to bumcheek on the bails. Uncle Ed captained for us, thank goodness he's a good driver!


Amaris and Papa Hugh, she's so chubby, and rocking her santa hat!.

This is Amaris and Jacob, the little boy my mom looks after who is also the son of one of the girls I grew up with! What a handsome guy! Amaris was so excited whenever he would come over and would try to bowl him over with a hug.
Ah yes, the nude sock bandit. My mom put socks on her legs and arms, Amaris thought it was pretty funny.

Christmas day involved two Christmas dinners. We had dinner at the Tsawout Church with David's whole huge family on his mom's side, and then hopped over to my folks house for dessert. This picture is the 'Calvo' great grandkids, Amaris is the fifth great grandchild of G&G Calvo.

Christmas afternoon we went for a hike up Horth Hill, it's a lovely hike, not very long and with a rewarding view!


Ethan. I always forget to flip them vertically before I post them.

David and Grandpa, and of course Amaris is the thing attached to David's back!
It was so special to have my Grandparents (Amaris' great grandparents) at my parents house for Christmas, it's always nice to get to see my globetrotting grandparents! My Grandpa can't sit still for more then, well, about 10 minutes. Which is half the fun!
Well, I'm off to get Katherine's bread recipe and make some bread, and slow cooker stew for dinner.
Have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment